Disobedient works with both new and established filmmakers to offer consultancy and training in fundraising and production skills, including
- Crowdfunding: devising a strategy, pre-campaign, planning audience development, troubleshooting
- Mentoring support: for career development, identifying goals & setting targets
- Production skills: casting and research, finding the idea, what to do before a shoot, working with contributors in documentary
- Commissioning film: identifying objectives, how to communicate effectively with filmmakers, budgeting.
- Marketing, outreach and impact: seeding your work, getting people talking, and the analytics behind it.
- Grassroots and viral campaigns: there’s no ‘one way’ to nail a zeitgeist, but knowing how to navigate the media landscape can help. Let us give you a hand with getting the most out of your networks
Our clients include Sheffield Doc/Fest (Devise 2 Deliver, Fast Track to Features), Four Corners Film Training, The Roundhouse, Royal College of Art, UEL, Queen Mary University, Goldsmiths University, Social Media Week, DirectorsUK and the Bureau of Investigative Journalism.
We know that for consultancy to work, it needs to be responsive to your needs.
You can book us on an hourly basis, tailor a programme, or we can even come on board as a full production partner.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
What our clients say about us
“Exceptionally inspiring… we’ll be running more sessions soon” - Katy Swarbrick, Four Corners Film Training
“The session gave me…clarity, new hope and inspiration for moving forward” - Maya Curry, ‘Hidden Heart’
“We’ve made lots of new contacts, doubled our following and reach as well as exceeding our funding target. It’s been very rewarding on lots of levels” - Jan Cawood, ‘Addicted to Sheep’